Saturday, October 28, 2006

Entry 6: Sorrowful Saturday

Today, my friends, is my late brother's birthday. It has hit me pretty hard, and I cannot seem to bring myself to not be sad. He was my buddy, my brother, my happy-go-lucky-pal-during the rough times. Yes, he was the dog of a lifetime, or so I have heard from my owners.

It has also hit my little momma hard too. I saw her crying earlier this evening and I felt crushed. I licked away her tears and tried to tell her, all though no human can hear me, hence the whole purpose of this "blog", that I was going through the same pain. Poor thing, I think all of my humans are torn up about it. My daddy is at some "college reunion" or what ever that is. All I know is that my little momma and my human brother have been feeding me rather than him.

Ok so here is how my day went: I stayed inside until after midday. As soon as I was let outside, I bounded around to my grounds to make sure no other animal or dog had tried to take over. No way was another dog or that stupid pussy gonna take MY property. I slept and played with squirrels and little rabbits. I then played with the neighbors and with my little momma and was as happy as can be. Before I knew it, dusk was approaching and I was let back inside and fed my dinner. I played with my toys some, and slept, then went to the bathroom and played again. For the rest of the night, I layed in my dirty clothes pile and slept.

I have just awoken to type this entry and forgot to mention that I haven't been writing much because (as you know) dogs have memory problems, and I had almost completely forgotten until today when I was thinking of my sweet, happy, brother. I think I'll go back to sleep and dream on, for my big momma mentioned "day light savings" and said that we get another "hour" of sleep. All I know is this means I can sleep longer and stay inside longer.

Much Love and Sweet Dreams,
Maggie

No comments: