Sunday, August 20, 2006

Entry 2: Love and Support

Dear Diary,

I received some of my first comments! Buh-Reer ( this means I am excited or mad or anything) I was informed by a loud dingy noise and startled me during my sleeping on my fave dirty clothes early this morning when my (what you humans call this silver thing) "lap top" was awakening. I will answer some of the comments:

1. I sleep on the dirty clothes because they smell like my human family and I love them very much.
2. I do need my own clothes! I have a pink little dress that my young momma bought me 2 weeks ago. I love it very much and it's very comfy.
3. Don't forget you are reading a DOG'S blog and it may take me awhile to get the swing of this blog.

Thanks to Windfall Woman, I have received some of my own regular readers. I read her blog and if you haven't read it, you need to! If I knew how to put a link from her blog I would.

Today was a very frustrating day. I was sent out early this morning before I could do my business on my papers. I barked at a squirrel and chased it into my barking post (the woodpile in my backyard). I got very mad and growled at it but didn't notice that the squirrel had already escaped to his tree. I growled for awhile longer until my young momma put a piece of bread out onto the porch and my hunger took over my viciousness. I saw the mean pussy looking at the slice and I barked angrily and growled at him all the way up the stairs to the porch. He backed away but warned me it wasn't over yet, and was picked up and brought inside.

I waited for my best friends to come out and rolled around in some bushes and snorted around in a pile of leaves. When they finally came out, they told me they couldn't stay out for long because a storm was coming. I got excited because a storm means I get to come inside and stay inside extra long. The Whurperts (The 5 Italian Greyhounds. Whurperts is their nickname)were called back inside to be bathed. I was left alone with my sad but optimistic conscious.

The wind picked up and I was blown over. I continued to pant and stare at the sky in hopes of rain. I tried my rain dance (This is a dance I do when I want it to rain that consists of jumping and running around in circles and the lovable stand - on - 2 - paws gesture.) with little success. I received some thunder and more wind. I continued this dance until I grew tired and flopped on the weeds. More and longer thunder came with stronger winds. I stayed low and all the sudden heard the sliding door open! I crawled on my bellums (my belly) to the porch so I wouldn't get knocked over. I galloped inside only to be greeted by the horrible pussy kat. "Sweet revenge" he said. To make him mad sckronkled (a combination of digging and panting and growling and rolling) in his bed. He walked over and poked me with his paw. I got mad and leaped out of his bed and grabbed the pink furry dog dog toy that he loves and showed it off in front of him. He grabbed me neck with his paw and I slung the pink dog out of my mouth and growled and tackled him. I backed off when he dug his nails into my tummy! I grabbed the pink dog and brought it over to my young momma. She played with me for awhile and then the mean pussy attacked again I chased him over to the pantry and then he doubled back swinging his paws at me. I hid in his bed and he left me alone.

After much fighting and chasing. I did my walkabout (I walk aimlessly around the kitchen doing nothing) and begged to be brushed. I was rewarded with a full on brush from my young momma and showed off in front of the mean pussy. He jumped over the gate (this gate blocks me from going anywhere else in the house except for the kitchen and the laundry room.) and went into the den knowing he was defeated.

I finally retired to my clothes pile as the storm picked up to sleep before dinner. I dreamt of the mean pussy and doggy treats. I woke to a big roll of booming (thunder I suppose...I am terrified of thunder and lightening ) and a strike of lightening. I got up in deperate search for human company and saw my young momma sitting at the table typing on her "lap top". My big daddy ( the eldest male human in the family) was watching the glow box and rubbing the mean pussy. I begged my young momma to play with me. She stopped typing and grabbed the pink dog and threw it accross the kitchen. The mean pussy heard us playing and had to steal the attention. She pushed him away when he lunged for my bottom and he retreated to under the desk in the kitchen. He waited in his pounce position and galloped accross the kitchen to attack me. I returned his ambush and was soon yelled at by my young momma. The mean pussy retreated and truced for the rest of the night. I agreed and he went to the water bowl. I did some more walkabouting, and hid under my young momma's chair when their was a roll of booming and a flashing crack. I begged her to let me sit on her lap while she typed. She let me and loved on me while the storm continued. I kissed her on the arm and on her chin. My big daddy went out to the garage with my food bowl and soon returned with it. My young momma put me on the floor so I could eat.

After Dinner I retired to my pile and went to sleep peacefully for the rest of the night.

Much Luv and Thanks,

Maggie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog! I read your first post, I wanted to tell everyone about it! Maggie, you are an inspirational, fun loving, funny little dog! Keep it UP!

Raggedy said...

Welcome to blogland!
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Maggie - I raise chickens for a livin'. Hard work sometimes and then other times not so hard. I hope you are not a "chicken chaser" - if you are then your owner needs to keep you on a leash if you get around chickens because if they are chased they won't lay eggs. Where would the world be without eggs?? This is the first time I've ever written to a dog. I hope no one is looking over my shoulder 'cause they may wonder what I am doing writing to a dog. Keep after them squirrels! Old Baldy

Anonymous said...

You are a FUNNY dog! And you must be gifted too if you can get a kittycat to comment in your blog! Your friend, WFW.....