Monday, August 21, 2006

Entry 3: Manic Monday

Dear Diary,

Yesterday was pretty grey. (the sky I mean) It looks like it today too. My best friends still haven't come out...

This morning was a normal Monday (as you humans call them.). My young momma left my pink dress on me last night and I slept comfortably. But when the sun rose, my young momma tried to take it off of me. I was mad and ran around barking "No! NOOOO!" and finally gave in when I was cornered. Then she plopped me outside...another long day, I guessed.

It was 4:45 and the Whurperts STILL hadn't come out to see me. I was very sad and moped around in the backyard. The occasional times that I came up to the porch, the mean pussy was sitting by the door saying "Nanner Nanner boo boo, I'm in and you're out" and would scratch at the window. I'd get mad and growl and snarl at the window and my young momma would take the mean puss up stairs. I need therapy, (that's what the border collie said who lives in the house behind me.) she knows everything about "therapy" and continued to strongly recommend it. I agreed, still not knowing who to talk to. Finally when the Whurperts came out, I ran to Cheetah, and asked her about "therapy" and all the sadness I was going through. She told me it will all work out on it's own, and I didn't need to have therapy. She assured me that something happy and Buh-reerififc would happen and it would make me forget about my little puppy problems.

Soon enough it was nighttime and I was exhausted. I chased these pretty flying things for a long time and then I would sleep in the bunker. I would soon be awakened by the howl of what sounded like a coyote. I had heard of these things through the barking chain, (a famous chain in which every dog in the world sends out a message and is sent to another dog and another and so on) but it didn't register that they were in my neighborhood!!?! I quickly hid in fright in my bunker. It howled again, and it was closer. I ran to the door and started yelping and barking as loud as I possibly could. Again...it howled...and even closer! My big daddy came in and let me in. I was so happy to be inside and not attacked by the coyote!

For the rest of the night I was happy as can be, and went to sleep peacefully!

Much Luv and Gratitude,
Maggie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use to know a guy who had a yorkie and all that darn dog would do is jump up and down. Man, it worn me slap out just watching that dog. Up and down, up and down, all day long. I'll bet you aren't a jumper. You seem like you are pampered too much to do much jumping. Maybe though that cat makes you jump.

I raise chickens and can't have pestering little dogs around the chickens because then they won't lay eggs like they should. I have an old dog but he leaves the chickens alone. He is good for keeping varmints, like raccoons, away. Well now, here I am writing about him and wouldna you know it he has started barking. I've got to go see what the problem is. Old Baldy